Thursday, March 27, 2008

Morons everywhere!

Over the past several weeks, I've had lots of "wrong number" calls on my phone. It seems that Verizon has stupidly given people a voicemail number which is remarkably similar to mine, and they didn't ask my permission. Most of the callers are nice, occasionally they act as if it's MY fault they can't dile a phone or read a number, but I am getting sick of picking up the phone only to find it's not for me. (I really need Caller ID!)

So, my tolerance for morons is pretty low. Well, OK, my tolerance for morons is usually at rock-bottom, so this is not news.

I'm eating Ellio's again today, and this time I've spelled it correctly. The fact that I goofed the first time proves that even I am occasionally one of the morons! I hate it, but it happens.

Since I have not prepared Ellio's in a while, I read the directions on the box and baked the pizza accordingly. After the directions, written in bold, is the following:

"CAUTION: PRODUCT BECOMES HOT WHEN COOKED"

Wow! Evidently I'm not the only one who thinks there are morons everywhere.

3 comments:

abc said...

oh no....Lou's Junkyard redux!

The Chamberlins said...

So, I hate to mention it, but don't you spell dial, "d i a l" not "d i l e" ?? perhaps I am the moron in this one because surely Shirley wouldn't miss that one?? - LCJ

Cheryl Leigh said...

OMG I canNOT believe I did that! See? I am occasionally one of the morons! UGH!